We had Jake on a Thursday. I stayed in the hospital for three nights. I was on the fifth floor and Jake was on the second. Visiting Jake was hard for us. Ultimately, we wanted him to get well and quickly. We wanted to visit him so badly, but were afraid we would stimulate him while we were in his room. We visited about two or three times a day. Blake would push me down in a wheelchair. I learned through all of this that Blake is NOT a good wheelchair driver. Ha! Blake would either go check on him in the night or I would call. After my three night stay was up, we had to go home without him. Again, we would drive up twice daily to visit. My mom stayed with us and kept Ava at night, so just Blake and I could go spend time with Jake. I woke up in the night each night to pump and I would call and check on him then. Ava loved getting to go in and see her brother. She made a picture to hang in his bed, so that when she wasn't with him, he could always see her :) The nurses in the NICU were just amazing! They would move Ava's picture if they changed up his bed. You can see in the last picture that they even put it in the incubator with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment